Town Of Ocean Isle Beach General Rules
We welcome you and hope you will have an enjoyable vacation. Town Of Ocean Isle Beach- www.oibgov.com
In order to assure that you have a safe and secure visit, the Town of Ocean Isle Beach wishes to inform you of several important Town ordinances. Violation of Town Ordinances imposes a $25.00 fine.
- Stay Off The Dunes!
Preserve fragile dune vegetation. ($100 fine)
- Please use our Public Access walkways; other areas are private property.
- No littering. No glass containers on strand.
Please help keep our Town and Beach free of litter.
- All dogs must be leashed or fenced at all times.
NO DOGS allowed on beach strand from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. from Memorial Day to Labor Day. No dogs allowed at any time in Public Access/Parking Areas. Pooper Scooper Ordinance in effect.
- No motor or wind-powered vehicles on dunes or strand.
No bicycles on strand from April 30 to October 1.
- Absolutely no charcoal grilling or other type of open fire on porches, decks, patios, or landings above ground level.
Please cook on ground level. Strictly enforced by the police. Electric and gas grills are permitted only if permanently attached to landing and not covered by any type of roof or awning.
- No consumption or serving of alcoholic beverages in public places and the passenger area of motor vehicles.
- No unreasonably loud, disturbing, and unnecessary noise between 10:30 p.m. and 7:30 a.m.
No construction activity shall take place before the hours of 8:00 a.m. and after the hours of 8:00 p.m.
- ABSOLUTELY NO FIREWORKS – N.C. State Law $500 fine.
- No surfing within 1000 feet of pier.
Surfing is permitted in the areas east of Monroe Street and west of Oxford Street.
- No skate boarding, roller skates, or roller blading allowed on public streets.
- No parking overnight within the public access areas' parking lots.
Do not block public or private accessways. No parking on sidewalks or public right-of-ways. Parking permitted in designated areas only.
- No camping and no camping vehicles (except when used for transportation only). No sleeping in vehicles or campers.
- No fire on strand, dunes, and other public places.
- Please observe "No Wake" speed in all canals.
Boats and Jet Skis must operate at "idle speed" while in canals.
- Peddling within the Town Limits is prohibited.
- Please remember that the safety of your children while swimming is entirely YOUR responsibility.
- Golf Carts - N.C. Law (All operators must possess a valid drivers license, and the golf cart must have a license tag, vehicle insurance, registration, seat belts, brake lights, and headlights if driven at night.)
Click here for more information regarding golf cart rentals.
For a listing of all town ordinances click here - www.oibgov.com
Ocean Isle Beach Town Hall
Three West Third Street
Ocean Isle Beach, NC 28469